I’m thrilled to announce the release of Cookbook 1.2! ????
It’s by far our biggest release yet, and includes a huge number of features and tools that you’ve been begging us for since our very first release.
Huge props to Rob Neu for all his hard work on this release. If you have a chance, thank him on Twitter or send him a cool beverage ???? for these awesome improvements.
The update is available now via your WordPress dashboard. If you don’t see the update, make sure you have a valid license key. License keys are available on the My Account page by clicking “View Details and Downloads”.
If you don’t have a login or valid license key, then you probably haven’t purchased Cookbook, which you can do here. ????
We’ll get into the specific features below, but suffice it to say this is our most ambitious release yet. HUNDREDS of hours have been poured into this release and we’re thrilled with how it turned out. We know it’s going to open lots of new doors for our growing team, and will finally allow food bloggers to move away from unsupported recipe plugins that have caused all sorts of grief.
Here’s a breakdown of the core features that are included in Cookbook 1.2. There are lots of other little things beyond this to make using Cookbook easier and more enjoyable, but we’ll highlight the big items:
- The converters are here! ???? You can now seamlessly convert your old existing recipes from Easy Recipe, Easy Recipe Plus, Ziplist, and Zip Recipes. (Demo video below)
- Bulk recipe management screen – We’ve made it easier than ever to manage all of your recipes throughout your site, see where they’re embedded, and make quick changes without digging through a pile of WordPress posts. (Demo video below)
- Big mobile improvements! – Our recipe modal now works better than ever on phones and tablets. In fact, we dare say it’s a joy to use.
- Made disabling recipes ratings easier – Now with a quick code snippet you can turn off recipe ratings if you don’t want to use them.
- Made it quick and easy to find your recipe shortcodes – Now you can quickly find the shortcode to match your recipe, and move or embed it anywhere you’d like on your website.
- Made sure you don’t lose your work – We added a warning if you try and close the recipe modal without saving your changes. We don’t want your hard work to get lost!
- Improved compatibility with new technologies – Cookbook is now fully compatible with PHP 7.1 along with some other bleeding edge technologies.
As I mentioned before, these converters ended up taking way more engineering and work than we ever could have imagined, but we’re so thrilled with how they turned out. They’ve been tested on some pretty massive websites and the overall stability and quality of these converters is top notch.
We’ve been monitoring SEO performance post-conversion on a few big sites we’ve converted to Cookbook, and the results have been outstanding. We’ll get into specifics in another post, but for now just know that the whole process is seamless, easy-to-use, and will make your website happy.
I’ve created a video that shows how the conversion tool works. Again, it currently supports Easy Recipe, Easy Recipe Plus, Ziplist, and Zip recipes. We’re already making plans for which plugins to tackle next. Watch the video to see the entire conversion process beginning to end.
Bulk Recipe Management
In this release we’ve also added the ability to view and manage all of your recipes from one screen. You can see the shortcode for each recipe, a preview of what it looks like, as well as all the posts where the recipe is embedded.
This allows you to quickly navigate and search your recipes, make quick changes, and do it all without digging through a haystack of posts, and then scrolling forever to find the associated shortcode. It really is a drastically simplified way to manage your recipes.
How do we get it?!
If you’ve already purchased Cookbook, just go to your WordPress dashboard and follow the update process. The converters will be included automatically in the plugin update.
If you haven’t purchased Cookbook, I recommend doing that now. We considered making the conversion tools available for a higher tier plan, or as an add-on purchase, but we decided against that and all Cookbook customers will receive the conversion tools at no extra charge.
Because of that, next week on May 3rd the price for Cookbook will go up to $79. If you purchase this week, you can get the same bundle for our current price of $59, so definitely make that purchase asap.
This bundle includes:
- The core Cookbook plugin and all of its awesome features
- Converters for Easy Recipe, Easy Recipe Plus, Ziplist, Zip Recipes
- Any and all features we release in the future
- Any and all converters we release in the future
- Outstanding support from our awesome WP Site Care team
Even at $79 it’s a tremendous value, but you may as well save $20 right?
One last note: For anyone who is nervous or concerned about doing the conversion on their own, we do have a white glove service where our team can handle the entire conversion process for you beginning to end. You can check it out here.
As always, we want to thank you so much for your patience and for hanging in while we took on this major task. We know you’re going to love it, and are so happy to deliver it to you today.
If you have any questions at all, or feedback on Cookbook that you’d like to share, leave a comment or contact us. We’re always happy to help!
SO glad you decided not to up charge for the converter. When I read them email last week I was worried about that!
Cookbook is an annual subscription fee, right?
Hey Kristie, it is a yearly fee. That way we can make sure we’re around for a loooonnnnnggggg time and continue adding cool new stuff 🙂
Hi- I’m wondering when a Jump to recipe button will be available? Is that available with the short codes? Can you advise where I can find out how to add those in?
Hi Heather, Cookbook has a Skip to Recipe button available already. Here’s a quick gif of how it works: http://g.recordit.co/0qFsEx6vRX.gif
Let us know if you have any other questions at all!
I have easyrecipe plus and it’s showing that no recipes are found to convert. Help?
Hey Jenne, can you send us an email at [email protected]? We’ll take a look! Thanks.
I purchased CookBook during its prelaunch, and when I try to update the plugin, it does not show an update, however, its only 1.0 that is being used. Please help. Thank you
Hey Nicole, it looks like you submitted an email so we’ll follow up with you there!
Im using Recipe Card and ReciPress can these be easily converted to cookbook ?
Hi Hammal, not yet! Currently we support Ziplist and EasyRecipe with more coming soon. Join our email list at the bottom of the page to get updates on future releases. Thanks!